Thursday, January 20, 2011

First draft

It’s funny, well not entirely, how often I find myself in the same situation stressing about the things/tasks I need to get done. I am told that I need to come up with a final project or subject to photograph. At first I think this shouldn’t be too hard. Then I start think about it some more and realize what I have in mind is probably not great at all. I think that people will hate it, wonder why I even wasted my time with these photographs. It’s a total downer to my creative side. So I try to think of more ideas but end up with the same feeling. Just thinking about it is not going to get me anywhere. I need to start with something, anything. First role (first draft) of film I end up just running around the house taking snaps of my “ideas” and try to run form there. But obviously it is going to take more than just one try, especially with so many ideas, and who knows maybe I will find another idea. So I start another role (second draft) and possibly even another. By this time I am feeling pretty good with myself. Now I can watch my critical little mice in their jars with a smile, now that I finally go control over them. Now just to get my contact sheets done.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds familiar to me, I sometimes wish we were given a list to choose from, but what fun would that be!!! We're supposed to be creative, we all have our days and times, it's just a matter of pinning it down. I usually get the best idea the day before the project is due or shortly after that. Hopefully this project will come out great just as we had hoped it would be.

    ReplyDelete