Friday, January 21, 2011

Shitty First Drafts

This reading is how I have done projects in the past. I usually rack my brain for a few days to get a great idea, something that usually doesn't come to me until the assignment is almost due, and then I start to gather what items I will be needing for my project. I will draw small pictures of ideas on paper. Little by little it usually comes together. I usually get on a roll somewhere in the process, things start to click and my creative juices start to flow, sometimes overflow and then I have so much I don't know what to do with it. My ideal assignment is to be given a list of choices to pick from and then I don't have to spend all of that time wasted trying to come up with something original. But I see now that life isn't like that, you have to make your own decisions, whether they be easy or hard. Usually by starting small it grows into something much bigger than I thought it could ever be. Making a photo project is a slow process for me, there are so many details, angle, lighting, subject, position, and all of the other little details; it has to be very thought out and executed. I usually get inspiration by looking in books or the Internet, but sometimes it just comes to me. Sometimes I have too many ideas and don't know which to choose, but eventually it has to be shrunk down into one small great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment